IIAR is continually evaluating health and safety guidance. Check our website for updates and information as we plan for a safe, in person event in March 2023.
The health and safety of the attendees remains our top priority as we return to in-person events. We are preparing to hold the 2023 event in accordance with guidelines from the CDC, state of California, and city of Long Beach, as well as adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance. We are working with the local hotels and Long Beach Convention Center to ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness and operational effectiveness for all participants. As we get closer to the conference, we will know more about needed policies and procedures that might impact a variety of our conference aspects including food service, room spacing, and other indoor event precautions.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a checklist of considerations for travelers when making the decision to travel away from their home. When you travel, please follow the standard protocols that have been implemented to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Visit the CDC website for guidance on travel within the United States.
These rules and regulations are part of the 2023 IIAR Exhibit Space Contract. Please read them carefully. You must agree to abide by the following rules and regulations to exhibit at the 2023 IIAR Natural Refrigeration Conference & Expo.
If not outlined below, IIAR follows the IAEE Guidelines for Exhibitor Rules and Regulations.
Code of Conduct for 2023 IIAR Conference
We are committed to creating a safe, productive, and welcoming environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, service providers, and all others must abide by the Code of Conduct.
Rules and Regulations
1. Registrations for exhibitors’ staff
Two (2) complimentary conference registrations are included with the price of each 10' x 10' booth or 100 square feet. This registration includes admission to all social functions, continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, technical sessions, plus other conference materials and/or services.
Separate additional registration is required for each additional individual staffing the exhibit. Additional representatives must pay either the IIAR member or non-member conference registration rate based on their individual membership status. All individuals requiring access to the 2023 Exhibit Hall and/or any IIAR sponsored sessions, presentations, meals, and social functions must be registered for the meeting. Individuals who staff an exhibit booth MAY NOT register as a Guest/Spouse or Significant Other.
Registration name changes, including complimentary booth registrations, made after January 14th, 2023, will be subject to a name change fee.
2 • Assignment of Exhibit Space
The IIAR Long Beach Exhibit hall layout consists of 315 10’ x 10’ booths situated to make the most efficient use of the hall floor plan and to accommodate the locations of pillars, carpet runs, and utility. If available, multiple booths may be purchased by the exhibitor. If available, IIAR exhibitors may reserve up to three (3) 10' x 10' inline booths, reserve four (4) 10’ x 10’ booths to create a 20' x 20' Island, reserve six (6) 10’ x 10’ booths to create a 20’ x 30’, or reserve eight (8) 10’ x 10’ booths to create a 20’ x 40’ Island per company.
Note: Peninsulas are not permitted. Peninsulas are defined as two (2) corner booths located at the end of an aisle with two different aisle numbers. If you would like to combine spaces differently than noted above or exceed the space allowance, contact Yesenia Rector at email@example.com. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Booth space will be assigned based on prior year total spend at the IIAR Conference. IIAR Conference Sponsors from 2022 receive booth selection priority. IIAR Conference exhibitors from 2022 who were not sponsors receive second booth selection priority. IIAR members in good standing receive priority over non-member exhibitors.
3 • Booth Size and Priority Registration Window
Based on the following schedule, IIAR will activate an online booth registration window. A registrant’s entry submission will include the registrants’ contact information, desired booth size, and desire for sponsorship and/or Technomercial. Priority for final booth location and size selections will be based on the registrant’s prior year’s spend and receipt of registration submission form.
- Online Registration opens for Prior year sponsors – Monday, August 22nd, at 1:00 PM EST
- Online Registration opens for Prior year exhibitors – Wednesday, September 7th at 1:00 PM EST
- Online Registration opens for All other exhibitors – Friday, September 30th at 1:00 PM EST
4 • Booth Location and Final Size Selection Calls
Once the above Booth Size and sponsorship selection submission is received, IIAR will schedule, (in order of priority), an online call with the registrant. During this call, the registrant will see a current view of the exhibit hall showing available booth spaces and booths reserved to date and be able to select their booth location and number of booths from the open locations. Priority for final booth location and size selections will be based on the registrant’s prior year’s spend on sponsorships and exhibiting.
Booth space may be reserved with a signed contract, accompanied by a minimum 50% deposit. Registrants can also then select sponsorship and Technomercial opportunities at that time.
- Final booth placement calls for Prior year sponsors to be scheduled from Monday, August 29th, 2022, to Friday Sept 2nd, 2022.
- Final booth placement calls for Prior year exhibitors to be scheduled from Monday, September 19th through Friday Sept 23rd , 2022.
- Final booth placement for all other exhibitors after October 3rd, 2022
5 • Exhibit Space
A single booth measures 10' deep x 10' wide.
A small Island measures 20' deep x 20' wide.
A large Island measures 20' deep x 30' wide.
And extra-large island measure 20’ x 40’ wide.
*Premium Plus booth type = front of lounges.
|Booth type (size in ft.)
| Premium Plus (10’ x10’)*
| Premium (10’ x10’)**
|Regular (10’ x10’)
| 20’ x 20’ Island ( 4 Booths)
||depending on booth
| 20’ x 30’ Island ( 6 Booths)
|| depending on booth
| 20’ x 40’ Island (8 Booths)
||depending on booth
** Premium booth type = corners
Regular booth type = all other
Balance is due by December 9th, 2022. If payment in full is not received by December 20th, 2022, IIAR reserves the right to reassign exhibit space.
6 • Furnishings and Services
A 10' x 10' exhibit space includes: one (1) 8' back wall curtain and two (2) 3'-high side curtain dividers (except for Island Booths), one (1) 6' x 30" draped table, two (2) chairs, and one (1) 7" x 44" booth identification sign with company name and booth number.
Additional furnishings and services, including carpeting, AV and electricity, must be ordered separately through the 2023 Exhibitor Service Manual at the exhibitor’s expense.
The 2023 Exhibit Hall is not carpeted. You will have the ability to order carpet through the 2023 Exhibitor Service Manual at the exhibitor’s expense. There will be Wi-Fi provided in the exhibit hall for exhibitors, however, please note that this is an open connection. If you need a more secure connection, you will have the opportunity to purchase a hardline internet connection using the 2023 Exhibitor Services Manual – The 2023 Exhibitor Services Manual will be available 3 months prior to the show.
7 • Payments and Provisions in Case of Default
IIAR reserves the right to terminate this contract immediately without refund in the event an exhibitor fails to pay any fees required by the Exhibit Space Application & Contract or fails to observe or abide by these rules and regulations.
8 • Installation and Dismantling of Exhibits
Exhibitor setup will be from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday, March 11, 2023, and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Sunday, March 12th, 2023. All booths must be set up by 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 12th, 2023. If any exhibitor is not set up by 5:00 pm Sunday, March 12th, 2023, IIAR reserves the right to reassign the space to another exhibitor or to use the space for other reasons without refund. Exhibits must remain intact until 9:30 am Wednesday, March 15th, 2023.
Tear down will begin at 9:30 am Wednesday, March 15th, 2023. All exhibits must be fully removed from the exhibit hall by 5:00 pm Wednesday, March 15th, 2023. If exhibits are not removed by that time, IIAR will have the right to remove the exhibits and charge the expense to the exhibitor. Please note the exact move-in and move-out times are subject to change.
9 • Exhibit Space Construction, Design and Layout
To create a uniform display, professional in appearance with unobstructed views of neighboring booth spaces, exhibitors agree to follow the rules listed below:
- Signs, logos, etc., are considered part of a display and must conform to regulations on booth construction. Hanging signs, logos, etc., are permitted only above island displays and may not be larger than 3' x 6' or be elevated higher than 16' from the floor. Signs may not be attached to walls or curtains. Please note; anything that requires rigging from the hotel ceiling must be arranged through Freeman and PSAV at the exhibitors own expense and approved by the IIAR Show Management.
- Canopies or ceilings may be permitted over the back one-half of the booth area, but the exhibit design must be submitted to IIAR Show Management for approval no later than January 14th, 2023; no booth display shall extend outside the boundaries of the assigned exhibit space. Division rails must remain perpendicular to the back of the wall.
- Pop-up booths and tabletop booths may not exceed eight (8) feet in height and must be confined to an area within four (4) feet of the back of the booth. No item in your booth space may exceed four (4) feet in height within four (4) feet of the front of your booth. Island booths may not exceed 16' in height.
- The reverse side of wing panels, and unfinished or exposed portions of displays (i.e., wiring, wood, etc.) must be covered or otherwise decorated.
- Single Booth Displays: Equipment, models, displays and materials may not exceed one hundred (100) pounds and must not be more than four (4) feet high, six (6) feet long and two (2) feet wide. All equipment, models and displays not placed on a 6' x 30" table must be approved by IIAR. Equipment, models, displays, fixtures and materials more than four (4) feet high (including table height), must be confined to the rear of a booth. A variance (See rule #19) must be requested for any displays/fixtures/materials that exceed the weight and size limits and are over four (4) feet in height, which cannot be confined to the rear of the booth. Items determined to be in violation may be removed at the exhibiting company’s expense.
- Multiple Booth Displays and Island Booths: Equipment, models, displays may not exceed two hundred (200) pounds per square foot. Weight variance requests that exceed two hundred (200) pounds will be considered if submitted prior to the variance deadline (See rule #19). All equipment, models and displays not placed on a 6' x 30" table must be approved by IIAR. Equipment, models, displays, fixtures and materials more than four (4) feet high (including table height), must be confined to the rear of the multiple booth display. A variance must be requested for any displays/fixtures/materials over four (4) feet in height which cannot be confined to the rear of the booth. (See rule #19). Items determined to be in violation may be removed at the exhibiting company’s expense.
- Island booth displays may not exceed 17' in height. Overhead panels or open "bridge-type" construction may be permitted to a maximum height of eight (8) feet along the aisles to facilitate the construction of open exhibits. Supporting posts of up to twelve (12) inches wide may extend above the side-rail limitations set forth in rule 4. Solid wall construction above three (3) feet will be permitted provided that it is alternated with an open space every four (4) feet along the four (4) sides of island space. Plans for such displays must be submitted to IIAR Convention Show Management for approval no later than December 20th, 2021. Items determined to be in violation may be removed at exhibiting company’s expense.
- The outside booth side-rail of corner booths and side-rails within multiple booths may be removed; however, all booth materials must remain in the booth and conform to all size and space restrictions prescribed by the rules. Booth side-rails must remain in place for all in-line booths; however, corner booths may remove the side-rail that runs along the aisle. No booth display shall extend outside the boundaries of the assigned exhibit space.
Note: The intent of these exhibit construction regulations is to provide each exhibitor reasonable sight lines from the aisle, to create a uniform and professional looking display, and to permit all exhibitors maximum use of floor space for which they have contracted. Requests for exceptions to rule 7 (showing good cause) must be applied for in advance and approved by IIAR Show Management and may be assessed an additional fee. Variances will be considered on or before January 13th, 2023, if submitted in writing. Please submit your request in writing and with accompanying diagram to IIAR Variance Request on or before January 13th, 2023. Requests for variances cannot be accepted after January 13th, 2023. No Exceptions.
Types of Equipment: Acceptable equipment must not exceed allowable dimensions and ceiling height and must fit within the booth space as described above. Examples: Compressors, compressor packages, pumps, valves, motors, heat exchangers, etc. The exhibitor services kit, which will be provided 3 months prior to the event, will contain an Equipment Advisory Form which must be completed and returned to Freeman Services for any equipment exceeding the limits. Any equipment requiring the use of other equipment to move in/out of center requires all arrangements made with Freeman in advance.
The 2023 IIAR Natural Refrigeration Conference & Heavy Equipment Expo is considered a heavy equipment show; therefore, types of acceptable equipment must not exceed allowable dimensions and ceiling height and must fit within the booth space as described above. A variance request must be submitted if you intend to display any equipment that does not adhere to the booth space requirements as described above.
10 • Character of Displays
IIAR reserves the right to prohibit an exhibitor from conducting and maintaining an exhibit if, in the judgment of IIAR, said exhibitors or exhibitors’ proposed exhibits, shall in any respect be deemed unsuitable. This prohibition relates to persons, conduct, articles of merchandise, printed matter, souvenirs, catalogs, or any other materials, without limitation, which affect the character of the exhibit.
11 • Cancellation of Exhibit Space and Refund Policy
IIAR will refund the deposit, less an administrative fee of $380, for cancellations received in writing before November 18, 2022.
A refund of 50% of the exhibitor’s payment will be made for cancellations received in writing after November 18, 2022, and before December 20, 2022.
No refunds will be issued after December 20, 2022. IIAR reserves the right to reassign any contracted space that is unoccupied by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, March 12th, 2023. No refund will be made to the original exhibitor.
12 • Exhibitor Service Manual
An Exhibitor’s Service Manual will be made available to each exhibitor after full payment is received and 3 months prior to the show. This manual includes shipping instructions, customs information, order forms for additional equipment and services such as chairs, AV equipment, monitors, electrical power, carpeting, etc, and payment information. The Exhibitor Service Manual will be provided by our General Service Contractor, Freeman.
13 • Insurance and Liability
The exhibitor agrees that the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration, its officers, directors, employees and agents, The Long Beach Convention Center, or Freeman shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to exhibitor’s property contained in the exhibit, or for injuries to exhibitor’s employees, agents or other persons, no matter how sustained, from fire, theft, accident, or other causes. Exhibitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration, Long Beach Convention Center and Freeman against all claims arising out of, or connected with, an exhibitor’s participation in this Conference & Exhibition. Exhibitors or their agents may not allow any articles to be brought into the exhibition or any act performed on premises that would invalidate the insurance or increase the premium of the policies held by The Long Beach Convention Center, nor permit anything to be done by their employees and/or their agents through which the premises, property, or equipment of IIAR, Freeman, The Long Beach Convention Center, and/or other exhibitors will be damaged. Exhibitors shall not cause or permit signs, or other articles, to be affixed, nailed or otherwise attached to the doors and walls of the exhibit premises, nor shall any attachments be made to the exhibit premises’ floors by means of nails, screws or any other devices that would damage the floors. These restrictions are a condition of all space leases and subject the exhibitor to liability for damages resulting from such violations.
14 • Exhibit Hours
Exhibitors must remain outside of the exhibit hall during non-exhibit times, exiting promptly at the conclusion of the exhibit hours of operation. Exhibitors will be allowed to set up their booths 15 minutes prior to the opening of each exhibit hall time period. All exhibitors will be asked to leave when the exhibit hall closes. Exhibitor setup will be from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday, March 11th, 2023 and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 12th, 2023. All booths must be set up by 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 12th, 2023. See the IIAR Preliminary Schedule for Exhibit Hall Hours. Exhibitors WILL NOT be allowed to breakdown their booth before 9:30 am on Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 - No Exceptions. Please note the exact move-in and move-out times are subject to change.
15 • Exhibit Security
A security guard will be posted at the exhibit hall entrance during the hours the hall is open to monitor and control access into the exhibit area. However, exhibitors are ultimately responsible for obtaining insurance protecting their property while on the premises of The Long Beach Convention Center and/or in storage with Freeman. Exhibitors are advised to take individual precautionary measures such as securing portable articles of value and removing such articles to a place of safekeeping after exhibit hours. IIAR, The Long Beach Convention Center, and Freeman, shall not be responsible for injury of or theft or loss by exhibitors on the exhibition property. Exhibitors are advised to take individual precautionary measures such as securing portable articles of value and removing such articles to a place of safekeeping after exhibit hours.
16 • Labor Laws and Union Regulations
Full-time employees of an exhibiting firm may install and dismantle their own and respective company displays. Any outside or additional labor required for installation and dismantle, or decorating is to be performed by the Official Service Contractor or by exhibitor appointed contractors under the guidelines established by the International Association of Expositions and Events. Names and information for outside contractors must be submitted to IIAR for them to gain access to the 2023 Exhibit Floor. Please submit additional labor information via this form: IIAR Exhibits Additional Labor. Please see the 2023 Exhibitor Service Manual for additional information or how to order additional labor directly through them.
17 • Subletting of Exhibit Space and Prohibited Uses
Exhibitors are prohibited from assigning or subletting any part or all of the booth space allotted to them. Exhibitors shall not exhibit, or permit to be exhibited in their display area, any merchandise or advertising materials that are not related to their own regular products. Exhibitors shall not display products of manufacturers who they represent solely for the duration of the IIAR Conference & Expo.
18 • Prohibition on Sale of Products for Show Delivery
Selling products for delivery at the IIAR Natural Refrigeration Conference & Expo is strictly prohibited. IIAR provides display space solely for product and service exhibition and demonstration on the basis of their commercial value.
19 • Use of Space (Promotions, Contests, Give-Aways, etc.)
- Exhibitor personnel, models, hostesses, etc. are not permitted to engage in promotional efforts outside the confines of their booth. Distribution of advertisements or promotional material must also be confined to the space occupied by the exhibiting company. Distribution of promotional materials to attendees’ hotel rooms is prohibited.
- Solicitations — in person or by any sound producing process — above the ordinary speaking tone of voice is prohibited. The distribution of noisemakers, such as whistles, horns, clickers, etc. is prohibited. Exhibitors are not permitted to distract attendees away from other booths.
- Items offered as sponsorship opportunities through IIAR may not be distributed or offered by exhibiting companies.
- Please note there are no helium balloons or balloons of any kind permitted in the Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to distribute food or beverages to attendees.
20 • Meetings and Private Functions
The IIAR Executive Committee has established the following policy regarding company-sponsored meetings, functions or events to ensure these activities do not compete with or detract from the IIAR Annual Meeting:
It is the policy of IIAR to ask member companies and other participants to refrain from holding meetings or separate functions during the official dates of the IIAR Annual Meeting (Sunday–Wednesday). Members and other IIAR participants are asked not to sponsor any company activities that conflict with any IIAR sponsored events. Hospitality suites are prohibited during the meeting. For the purpose of this policy, the IIAR meeting officially begins with the IIAR Education Program on Sunday afternoon and concludes following the final program session on Wednesday. No company-sponsored activities from any ancillary groups shall be scheduled in conjunction with the IIAR program except with written permission of IIAR Headquarters (pre-, during or post-meeting). IIAR requires all companies interested in holding ancillary functions to contact IIAR Headquarters. Please submit all request for ancillary meetings through this link.
21 • Variance Requests
Requests for exceptions to the Rules and Regulations must be made by January 13th, 2023 and approved prior to the conference by IIAR. Additional fees may be assessed.
Submit variance requests to: IIAR Exhibits, 1001 North Fairfax St., Suite 503, Alexandria, VA 22314 or through the online submission form: IIAR Variance Requests. Variances must be submitted in writing, with an accompanying diagram or description on or before January 13th, 2023. Variance requests will not be accepted after that date.
22 • Amendments and Enforcement
IIAR reserves the sole and exclusive right to interpret, amend and enforce these Exhibitor Rules and Regulations. Written notice of any amendments or interpretations shall be given to each exhibitor. Each exhibitor, including his/her agent and employees, agrees to abide by the contract conditions, rules and regulations set forth herein, or by any subsequent amendments or interpretations. IIAR reserves the right to enforce compliance with these Exhibitor Rules and Regulations at the exhibitor’s expense.
23 • Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Exhibitors shall be responsible for making their exhibit accessible to persons with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act, and shall hold IIAR, Freeman and the Long Beach Convention Center harmless from any consequences of exhibiting company’s failure in this regard.
24 • Exhibitor Responsibilities
Exhibitors will be responsible for securing any and all necessary licenses or consents for a) Any performances, displays, or other uses of copyrighted works or patented inventions, and b) Any use of any name, likeness, signature, voice or other impression and other intellectual property owned by any third party which is used, directly or indirectly by the exhibitor. The exhibitor agrees hereby to indemnify, defend and hold IIAR harmless from and against any claim of liability and any incident or resulting loss, cost, or damage (including costs of lawsuit and attorney’s fees) for failure to obtain these licenses or consents and/or for infringements or other violations of the property rights or the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.