Structured discounts are available for multiple persons from one company. Click the HERE
to learn more.
How It Works
Academy of Natural Refrigerants’ certificate courses are self-paced and are available entirely online, including the final exam.
The IIAR 6 Certificate Course includes seven training sessions, each approximately 60 minutes long, delivered as a PowerPoint presentation with lecture. At the end of each module, there will be questions to check comprehension of the material. After comprehension of material is demonstrated via successful completion of the short “Quick Check” quiz, you can move onto the next module. To receive a certificate of completion, participants will be required to pass a comprehensive final course examination.
- General knowledge of the physical properties of ammonia
- Working knowledge regarding equipment that may be employed in operational closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems
- Familiarity with operation and maintenance of a closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration system
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify the minimum requirements for inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM) applicable to safe operation of closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Discuss the relationship between ITM, mechanical integrity, and recognized and generally accepted engineering practices (RAGAGEP).
- Recognize the minimum requirements for ITM record-keeping responsibilities.
Continuing Education Credits
After participating in an IIAR Academy of Natural Refrigeration certificate course, successfully completing the accompanying quizzes, and passing the final course exam, learners will earn continuing education credits that can be applied toward maintaining P.E. licensure and RETA certification. IIAR is accredited by the Registered Continuing Education Program for Engineers, Surveyors & A/E/C Professionals (RCEP) as an approved provider of continuing education.
The IIAR 6 Certificate Course offers 6.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits to learners who successfully complete the course.
The IIAR Academy of Natural Refrigerants is a long-term education program created to address the need for competent professionals in natural refrigeration system design, safety and maintenance. The objective of the academy is to address the technical training needs of end users, design build contractors, equipment manufacturers and consulting engineering sectors of the IIAR membership. As industry codes and regulations change and evolve, the need for competent refrigeration professionals will continue to expand.
IIAR Certificate Courses are based on ASTM standards and allow design engineers, installers and responsible parties to show that they have received documented and standardized instruction regarding design and operation of ammonia-based refrigeration systems, and/or the current regulatory environment within the industry.