Structured discounts are available for multiple persons from one company. Click the Here to learn more.
How It Works
Academy of Natural Refrigerants’ certificate courses are self-paced and are available entirely online, including the final exam.
The IIAR 2 Certificate course includes eight training sessions, each approximately 60 minutes long, delivered as a PowerPoint presentation with lecture. At the end of each module, there will be questions to check comprehension of the material. After comprehension of material is demonstrated, you can move onto the next module. To receive a certificate, participants will be required to pass a comprehensive final course examination.
We recommend these minimum requirements for individuals interested in participating in this program:
* General knowledge of the physical properties of ammonia
* Familiarity with design and installation considerations affecting construction of closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems
* Working knowledge regarding equipment that may be employed in operational closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
* Describe appropriate and safe location of ammonia refrigeration equipment and outline general design requirements for construction of closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems
* Discuss design and installation considerations for machinery rooms and requirements for refrigeration equipment located in areas other than machinery rooms
* Understand safe installation and proper operation of equipment that may be employed in closed-circuit ammonia refrigeration systems including: compressors, refrigerant pumps, condensers, evaporators, pressure vessels, piping, packaged systems and equipment, overpressure protection devices, instrumentation and controls, and ammonia detectors and alarms.
Continuing Education Credits
After participating in an IIAR Academy of Natural Refrigeration certificate course, successfully completing the accompanying quizzes, and passing the final course exam, learners will earn continuing education credits that can be applied toward maintaining P.E. licensure and RETA certification. IIAR is accredited by the Registered Continuing Education Program for Engineers, Surveyors & A/E/C Professionals (RCEP) as an approved provider of continuing education.
The IIAR 2 Certificate Course offers 6.75 Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits to learners who successfully complete the course.